Thursday, June 30, 2011

BibloRed (Capital Network of Public Libraries) of Bogotá, Colombia

I first heard about the BibloRed (Capital Network of Public Libraries) of Bogotá, Colombia after it won the 2002 Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Award. You can read more about it in this short report. It sounded a really exciting way of bringing a lot of change to a library service quickly, and there sounded to be many lives changed as a result. I am still very interested in visiting this library. I will have to work on my Spanish so it is not as basic as it currently is.

Biblioteca Pública Virgilio Barco

This month for #blogjune I have been sharing some of the libraries on my wish list to visit. Over the next few months I will be writing about libraries I visited as part of my holidays. They were only part of my holidays. I saw and did a lot of things which did not involve libraries as well.

It will take me a while to bring all the ideas and information together about this. You can have a look at the images I have been loading to Flickr. It will take me a while to upload all the library photographs, and so far the descriptive information is minimal. I will be writing about these libraries, and adding to their descriptions on Flickr over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment