Friday, June 1, 2018

a few thoughts on KNITSONIK Stranded Colourwork Playbook by @knitsonik

KNITSONIK Stranded Colourwork PlaybookKNITSONIK Stranded Colourwork Playbook by Felicity Ford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a wonderful book. I have already read and enjoyed the previous book Knitsonik Stranded Colourwork Sourcebook which is a remarkable work highlighting the local studies potential of knitting. This book builds on this with some wonderful examples of how stranded colourwork can reflect and record an area. There is a lovely knitted correspondence, bunting, and an amazing scarf which celebrates the loveliness of bricks in Reading further demonstrating the local studies potential of knitting.

The aim of this book, and Knitsonik Stranded Colourwork Sourcebook is to encourage people to use their own environments as inspiration for stranded coloured knitting. I am a bit of a slow starter in this area however I have started taking more photographs. I am trying to participate in #tarmactuesday but I keep forgetting until Wednesday. So, even though I am not yet reflecting my area in knitting, reading these books has lead to me changing some practices.

While these books are targeting people who knit, they could be interesting for people wanting to think about how to depict their area as there is inspiration for photographers, embroiders, wood carvers and more. As you can tell, I am a fan of this work as it is joyful, practical and inspirational.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment