Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Public markets and their potential for local studies

I follow Project for Public Spaces through various social media, which is where I saw this Storify.  I follow Project for Public Spaces because libraries are public spaces (depending on location and legislation), and I think there are some great ideas which libraries can use. I think libraries should always be public spaces - but sometimes need a bit of help to be effective public spaces.

When I saw this Storify I thought of local studies.  Of photographing local markets, and doing oral history recordings.  Also of of collecting stories and images from markets which no longer exist or have changed.  Current stories and collecting is important, because of the snapshot in time perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment