Friday, December 14, 2012

Do people cosplay at your library?

This is a question which struck me recently.  Do people cosplay at your library and I mean adults?   I don't mean the children who come to the library dressed up for storytimes.

San Diego Comic-Con 2012 HUMAN BEING COMIC BOOK
Seeing adults cosplaying at EBgames expo prompted me with this idea.  There were a lot of people using cosplay to show their love of different games characters.  Some seemed dressed in celebration of games and other things they loved, others, especially buffed and shirtless males showed off. There were Jedi in the mix as well. Looking at this made me think about where you see cosplay, and I have not seen it in libraries.

It made me think, do people come to author talks or other library events, cosplaying as characters? Why not?  They do this at lots of cons.

I would be very interested to hear of instances of spontaneous cosplay at libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment